Proposed temporary logistics hub changes
Between 5 November and 23:59 on 13 December 2019 we are consulting on reducing the number and size of the temporary logistics hubs for the project.
Our application included permission for the construction and use of up to six temporary logistics hubs. This was to make sure we had enough space to store the steel pipe and other materials we need to install the pipeline.
While we completed and submitted our application for development consent, we:
- Continued to develop the logistical plans for the transportation and storage of installation materials, and staff travel
- Had detailed discussions with manufacturers of the steel pipe and specialist logistics companies
As a result of this work, we are now confident that we could install the replacement pipeline with fewer logistics hubs. We are now seeking views on a potential change to our application. These views will inform a future submission to the Examining Authority to request a change to our application relating to a reduction in the number and size of logistics hubs we need permission for.
The project has determined that it is best to have one temporary logistics hub between Boorley Green and Alton and one temporary logistics hub between Alton and West London Terminal. In addition, the project proposes to convert the temporary logistics hub on MoD land at Deepcut Bridge Road, Frimley Green into a construction compound.
We are seeking your views on:
- Removing three temporary logistics hubs entirely
- A31, Ropley Dean
- M3 Junction 3: New Road, Windlesham
- Brett Aggregates, Littleton Lane, Shepperton
- Reducing the size of two temporary logistics hubs (within the existing order limits outlined within our application)
- A31/A32 Junction, Northfield Lane, Alton
- Hartland Park Village, Farnborough – we are also clarifying access arrangements at this hub
- Converting one temporary logistics hub into a construction compound (within the existing order limits outlined
within our application and located next to the access route, which connects to the main road)
- MoD Land: Deepcut Bridge Road, Frimley Green
Further details on our proposed changes can be found in our consultation brochure. If you would like large text, a print copy or alternative format of this document, please contact us by email on email@example.com or telephone on 07925 068 905.
To share your views, please complete and submit our online response form.
You can also respond via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or post (Freepost SLP Project – please include your name and postcode to avoid double counting of responses).