We have almost completed all of our installation from Boorley Green to Dippenhall Road and are currently doing the final phases of work to connect the installed sections of pipe. This is known as the tie-in work. There is one remaining trenchless crossing to be installed, which is under Alton Bypass A31 in East Hampshire District. In the meanwhile, we are removing the construction compounds and reducing our footprint along the route of the replacement pipeline.
Open cut installation on Beacon Hill Road is almost complete. There is a full road closure in place. Work will be complete and the road will be reopened in early May.
We are currently installing in the following areas:
• Tie-in works in Farnborough Gate Playing Fields. We are due to complete this work next month. Once this work is complete, we will fully reinstate the pitch and Ringwood Road.
• Queen Elizabeth Park: we have completed installation under Farnborough Road (A325) and down the southern footpath within the park. The southern footpath will be opened soon.
Cabrol Road car park will remain closed whilst we complete installation through this section and into the Prospect Road Allotments. We will then reinstate the play area with new equipment beforethis section is re-opened.
• Stake Lane.
• Nash Close: we have started installation and work is due to be completed in July.
Open cut installation is taking place in the following areas:
– St Catherines SANG and Frith Hill.
– St Catherines Road.
– Pine Ridge Golf Course.
– From Halebourne Lane to Windlesham Road.
– Balmoral Drive. We have completed and reopened the road up to the first Sandringham Way roundabout. We are currently working in two sections; in front of Buckingham Way and in front of Pevensey Way. We will be reinstating the section in front of Buckingham Way this week. Due to challenging ground conditions, installation is now due to be complete in early May.
We are undergoing the final tie in work on the corner of the cul-de-sac of Canford Drive.
Once we complete tie-in work, we will reinstate the road. We are also undertaking open-cut installation in Addlestone Moor and Abbey Moor Golf Course.
We have completed installation under the River Thames (TC034). Open cut installation through Chertsey Meads is due to restart in May. The majority of the SANG still remains open for visitors to enjoy. Once works are complete, we will reinstate these areas.
We have now completed installation in Woodthorpe Road and reopened the road for use. We are still using the compound off Woodthorpe Road for our installation in Station Approach, Station Road and Woodthorpe Gardens. Once these sections are complete, we will remove the compound and reinstate the field on a like-for-like basis.
We are undertaking installation:
• From the M3 to Shepperton Road.
• From Shepperton Road to the Reservoir Intake Channel.
• In Fordbridge Park.
• In Station Approach and Station Road. These works are due to take around three months to complete. There is a single lane closure in place and the parking on Station Approach is suspended for the duration of the works. We have removed the traffic calming measures in the road and the small section of pavement that runs alongside the parking bays to allow for better traffic flow. The taxi rank is suspended and has been relocated for the duration of the work.
We have completed the majority of our installation along Ashford Road. We had planned to complete the valve replacement work in parallel to installation however, due to a number of safety measures, the valve work is being completed separate to open cut installation.
There is also a significant amount of water within the final section of the trench on Ashford Road. This has caused a delay to our valve work and final open cut installation work, and we now estimate works will be complete in June. The one way system will remain in place until late May, when we will switch to a two way system. We will then fully reopen the road in late June/ early July once work has been completed.
We have completed the majority of our trenchless crossing installation in Woodthorpe Gardens. We are currently assessing whether further continuous working is required and will update residents accordingly.