How to use the map
This interactive map allows you to see:
- where the existing pipeline is located;
- the corridor options that were consulted on in spring 2018;
- the initial working route;
- the preferred route that we consulted on in autumn 2018, which included sub-options*;
- the design refinements that we have recently consulted on; and
- the final route that we submitted as part our application for development consent in May 2019; and
- the proposed change to our application relating to a reduction in the number and size of temporary logistics hubs we need permission for, which we are consulting on between 5 November and 13 December 2019.**
- The grey outline shows the order limits included within our application for development consent.
- The red outline shows the order limits for the logistics hubs proposed as part of this consultation. You can also see information about the area, such as environmental features.
You can also see information about the area, such as environmental features.
* Updated 27 August 2019: As part of our application for development consent, submitted on 14 May 2019, we included two sub-options in the Hinton Ampner area – A2a and A2b. This enabled us to undertake further detailed engagement with local landowners along the two sub-options to help establish the most appropriate pipeline route.
We have now selected sub-option A2a which passes through National Trust land. Sub-option A2b has been deselected and is no longer part of our final route.
** We are proposing to convert the temporary logistics hub on MoD Land: Deepcut Bridge Road, Frimley Green into a construction compound (within the existing order limits outlined within our application and located next to the access route, which connects to the main road). The order limits here are 8 acres. The proposed size of the construction compound is 1 acre. The exact location of the compound is subject to agreement with the landowner.
You can use the search box to find a specific postcode or an area you’re interested in, such as a town or village. Please include a space in the middle of your postcode.
- Adding information
To add the different things to the map, click the three white-lined icon in the top left corner of the map. Select a ‘layer’ title from the drop-down list and it will appear on the interactive map. You can select up to 10 layers at any one time. To de-select a layer, click on the three white-lined icon and select the layer you want to remove.
Please note: data was collected for areas within 10 miles of the pipeline corridor options. Beyond this point, data will not appear.
- Identifying features and areas
To identify an area, click on the map and a call out box with a description of that area should appear on the right-hand side of the screen. To remove that screen simply click on the ‘i’ icon.
- Changing the view
You can zoom in and out of the interactive map using the plus and minus icons on the right-hand side of the screen. You can also enter ‘full screen mode’ by clicking on the arrow on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Moving around the map
To move around the map, hold down the left-hand button on your mouse and drag the map. You can also use the arrow keys on your keyboard to move the map.